Swanston St platforms (was: Batman Avenue Trams Finished!)

: Swanston St at Flinders St southbound had a platform of sorts. Just a
: tad lower than the W running board. I don't remember if any other stops
: had them. As I recall the platform/safety zone stretched almost all the
: way back to Flinders Lane.

Also (as writen in the book) the inspector got people on the trams and
then 3 trams through each green phase of the lights.  Sounds like
La Trobe Street now.  Interesting how history repeats its self.

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord