Re: More Mile End Control

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 18:58:40 +1000, "Rod" <berlina@bigpond.com> wrote:

>Notagunzel wrote in message <933304309.52714@newscache.net2000.com.au>...
> the NE CTC (Room 1) was transferred to Mile
>>End.   Drivers with Mobile/Satellite phones
>>were being advised to dial an Adelaide number to speak
>>direct with the Controller.
>>

>I can tell you all that this week at Wodonga has been bloody awful.
>We thought our Collins St controllers were dumb!

Worse than the 'Scotch Block'????

>Wodonga A box cannot speak to Adelaide at all! And it seems Collins St.
>wont!

Don't they have the phonenumber? IT is one thing at ATRC that works.
They do answer the phone.

>The up train we waited for was reported by Albury Box to be thru Albury at
>0510, and we actually saw it at 0610.   :Long hours are becoming
>longer.........

Lots of interface problems. Lots of long hours. Even worse on the SAW
line to Pyrenees.

ARTC policy is that they get money from running trains not shunts.
Mainline shunts are getting more and more difficult everywhere. They
get track access from trains, they get nothing from shunts. I guess
the answer would be to get a TD number and run it as a timetabled
train. Then, provided that you are on time, you have priority over
everything that is not on tme even the slug.

Cheers
Cheers

Krel

VGR website http://www.castlemaine.net.au/~vgr/