Re: Money Maker

WhaleOilBeefHooked wrote:

> Dave McL wrote in message <37A0D773.162A@REMOVEiprolink.co.nz>...
>
> >Their autoresponder has come back with what is below. If they do send
> >the personal response the autoresponse promises I'll post that.
>
> I sent mine to abuse@telstra on yesterday and am still waiting for the
> personal reply.

My personal reply came through this afternoon. I append it below. If
enough of us complain, this fraudster will be taken off the air.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand

*

From: Perry Bate <perry@telstra.net>
To: "'David McLoughlin'" <davemcl@iprolink.co.nz>
Subject: RE: Fraudulent Spam from your site
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 13:29:34 +1000

Dear David,

I am writing in response to your e-mail regarding your receipt of
'Unsolicited Commercial E-mail' (UCE) or 'spam'. Please be aware that
Telstra takes the issue of 'UCE' very seriously and is concerned to stop
its spread via the Internet.

Telstra is a telecommunications carrier and as such a large quantity of
traffic is transmitted over our network to the Internet. Unfortunately
some
of the traffic will be 'UCE'. If it is shown that this traffic
originates
from the Telstra network, action will be taken to cease this
transmission.
 Due to regulatory guidelines we are unable to censor the traffic that
does
not originate in the Telstra network.

I appreciate you do not wish to receive unsolicited e-mails and thank
you
for bringing the incident to our attention. Once again I wish to
reiterate
that Telstra will do all in its power to stop unsolicited transmissions
originating from within its network.

Yours Sincerely
Perry Bate
Customer Service Information Consultant