Re: Y2K Fears to Stop Cityrail Trains

>To get completely off topic - is it more likely that in thousands of years
>time. many people will believe that Bill Gates created the world on
>01/01/80?
>
>Tony Bailey
Dear old Billy has already done a little history changing.
A recent Microsoft program had to be translated into many different
languages, and so they did not just translate, they wrote it the way the
locals perceived history to be.
The treatment of the Germans in World War l and ll, are very interesting
indeed, depending whether you read the German, French or English version. I
suppose people in 1000 years who find copies of each of these 'history'
disks will have a real problem working out what or who we are....a bit like
the Dead Sea Scrolls, or ancient Egyptian Writings today!
We wont talk about the Bible, will we?
and as an aside, the Roman Church have a copy of the second printing, and
they wont release it because it creates a lot of problems, by showing how
many changes have completely and utterly changed its meaning...We would not
understand! but I do!
Rod