Alert on Victimisation

SRA MANAGEMENT STYLE A CAUSE FOR CONCERN
On Wednesday 21st July Occupational First Aid Attendant, and RTBU Branch Councillor,
Paul Hayes was taken from his normal duties and placed to work in the Lost Property
Office in what is nothing more than a case of victimisation. At the time of writing this he
has not been charged with anything.
Paul has worked tirelessly for all railworkers rights and has been particularly active in the
area of OH&S trying to improve safety and health aspects for us all. He has had a lot of
support on the job because many believe that what he has been doing is right. His actions
have got management and some others offside. They now have misused their powers to
force him out of his job which will also disadvantage him financially.
The danger is that he will be "fitted" with some trumped up charges and dismissed,
something that is quite probable. There are other avenues open to us such as the Industrial
Relations Commission and the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission.
However the best form of defence is your support. We are asking for your support at this
crucial time because if management gets away with this nobody will be able to speak their
mind and we will all run around doing only what we are told.
We are all told that we live in a democracy, however these sort of acts by employers
prove that nothing could be further from the truth.
                            An Injury to One is An Injury To All

Authorised by The RTBU Rank and File Committee
Further information can be obtained by phoning 96056842 or 96441771

    Paul Hayes

PAUL2.bmp