Re: Who is Regie?

Notagunzel wrote in message

>I am extremely disappointed at the attitude taken, surely a
>courageous volunteer could enlighten RRL as to the benefits
>of connecting to the Internet.  Imagine aus.rail with RRL!
>Then his unique theories on gunzelinity could be propagated
>to a whole new audience.
>
>Like his very own idea for a nut special - 2x38, 2xR, 2xR
>triple parallel on the NE.  Never let reality get in the way
>of a good foam.
>
>He was apparently good friend of former Transport Minister
>Brown, using every opportunity to lobby said Brown on the
>necessity of relaying the track beyond Leongatha for... nut
>specials I think.  (Now you know why their known as Nut
>Specials).
>
>And who can forget his bid many moons ago for the Presidency
>of the ARE, (back when they had elections).  His election
>spiel brought tears to the eye.
>
>In case you may be wondering why I appear to know so much...
>Know Your Enemy!
>People I know respond to his questions in one syllable
>answers, I have found a much better system, *Just Ignore It*
>
>WARNING - IT HAS BEEN SEEN INTERSTATE - AVOID CONTACT
>
>P.S. Craig, would TAM get upset if RRL applied for
>membership?

I remember about x years ago being down at Spencer St on a Friday night when
the Steamrail special to Adelaide was heading off. The R was shunting a van
onto the car set but stopped at the down end of the platform for a while.
Poor Reginald Longthorpe asked me what was happening and I told him that
there had been a lot of cancelled bookings, hence running bona. I started to
feel bad as he actually believed me - despite 5 or 6 sleeper cars 50m down
the platform behind him!!!

Other memories include a photostop at the bottom of the Bena bank when he
asked about my camera lens and I told him it was a 10,000mm zoom lens. He
wanted to know where you could buy them. Also the last train to Wahgunyah
 I think) where he wanted the entire photoline of a few hundred people to
move so that he could get a photo.

I can never look at a blue safari suit and not think of him....