Re: Some ideas please!

WhaleOilBeefHooked wrote in message ...
>I am thinking of putting together a desktop theme, for Windows 98 users
(and
>Windows 95 with Plus!), based on railways. Does anyone have any
suggestions?

>I was thinking of a wallpaper with a collage of trains from around the
>country

snip

as well as graphics, sounds for various computer events also amusing.

Many various whistles, horns, flange squeal, buffing/slack run out, brakes,
chufflings of steamers, snufflings of diesels, grindings of sparks, rail
joint noise, flat wheels, level crossing bells, platform PA, banging of
doors....

A selection of .wav files each about 2-3 secs to map into events in
settings/sounds.

If only I could work out how to record a .wav from a tape recorder with my
sb64 card. I have all the above noises, but just can't seem to record.....
any hints?