Re: Cardiff Workshops

In article <37934FB9.86431FC0@cia.com.au>,
  robson <robson@cia.com.au> wrote:
> jumboman@my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > Congratulations to Clyde Engineering on their refurbishment of the
old
> > SRA workshops at Cardiff. Of noticeable interest is the complete
> > repaint of the old water tank,complete with the large white "Safety
> > First" lettering of old.
>
> Haven't heard the phrase "Safety First" used for a very long time! It
is
> after all rather outdated. "Acceptable Risk" is more in keeping with
> today's corporate thinking.
>
> Sadly,a lot of railway phrases have been given over to the
newer,trendy terminology as usually pushed in one LEADING publication.
What the hell is a "vertically intergrated railway"? I remember when
the good old fuel point was just that...not a trendy "provisioning
facility". Also,when a triangle was just that..not a trendy "Y Link".
Oh,to be back in the good old days...of ironbark siderods and wooden
brake blocks!!!!!!!!!!
442.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/