Re: Federation Tramway (Canberra)

David Bromage <dbromage@omni.com.au> writes:

>Trams would be loaned by the Sydney Tramway Museum, rotated occasionally.
>The Victorian government has offered to donate some trams if the project
>goes ahead.

Hopefully they'll get rid of a few of the W-classes.

[No flame war intended :)   ]

That said, does Australia need yet-another half-arsed tramway?

Sure, the Sydney one is nice, but unless they intend to:

1) Expand it further
2) Integrate it into the overall PT ticketing system

...it'll continue to be fairly useless, and I will (when in Sydney) only
consider using it when it's too late to safely walk from Darling Harbour
to Central Station.

If you're going to spend large sums of money on tram infrastructure, it's
probably more worthwhile to extend the thing to many points in a given city
(ie, like Melbourne's) than to just put in a silly little single line...

Paul.

--
Paul Dwerryhouse                                        paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au
"The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page publishing, threatens to