Re: Hornsby Derailment in Sun-Herald

Paul Hogan wrote:

> Keith wrote in message <379312b7.0@pink.one.net.au>...
> >I don't think suburban Sydney trains can run red signals without their
> >brakes being tripped ?  But I stand to be corrected ...
> >
> Perhaps a better question to ask is why the signal controlling exit from the
> Down loop doesn't actually have a trip?
> But I didn't mean to say that...... :-)  The enquiry will reveal all. (if
> the findings are made public)

Well, if we want to get techinical about it, no signals have trips, they only
have "train stops"the trip is the little arm on the bogie. No the question
should be, "why is there access to a crossing loop with an unprotected signal at
the end?"

I know i am getting picky :-}

But for sure we can blame RAC for not following the safety standards.