Hornsby Derailment in Sun-Herald

Yesterday's Sun-Herald carried a story about the recent derailment at
Hornsby, quoting "Senior State rail sources" had advised that the driver
concerned had admitted running two red signals before the train derailed.
The driver was named in the article, along with the suburb where he lived.
A photograph of the driver, who is on "stress leave", on the other side of a
screen door at his residence, accompanied the article.  The train which left
Wynyard at 5.44 came off the line at 6.11 pm (I find this hard to believe,
by my reckoning the 5.44 ex Wynyard should have only reached Gordon at that
time).  The preliminary accident report shows the train travelling at 34.8
km/h at the point of derailment.   The train driver, described in the
headline as a rookie, had only been on the job for five weeks, and it was
the first time he had been in charge of a train on the northern line.

Questions:

Why did the State Rail Sources comment prematurely on an accident which is
still under investigation?
Why did the Sun Herald name the driver and his suburb of residence, and
publish a photo which he obviously didn't want taken?

Regards

David Bennetts
Canberra