Re: Longest Ghan to run in to Spencer Street

David wrote in message
> line somewhere near the signal box.  I think something should be done to
> accommodate the longer trains as they will only get bigger as time moves
> on.
> I think that we need to be able to hold more than two SG trains in the
> platforms at the one time so running a Sg line around to Flinders Street
> would be a fine idea, being able to hold a 27 car train in one go. BRING
ON
> 40 CAR IP'S
> Comments appreciated.

    Spencer Street Station is due to be upgraded as part of the Docklands.
It may be completely covered over (requiring a damn good fume extraction
system!) so that it may be built on top of.  It seems that the whole station
is going to be ignored and thought about afterwards, as they are building
bridges before they even know what is going to happen.  All I can guess is
that it may actually get worse, not better.  :(

    It would be good to see a structure built similar to Flinders Street
Station but representing modern architecture -  Basically a modern version
of FFS, competition etc.
    A copy of the Melbourne Exhibition Centre with holes in the ends and a
few platforms inside would do the trick, it would hold a pretty long train
too!   Pitty SSS is sort of curved though - makes things difficult.  Also
the fact that it is a dead end!  :)

regards,
Steven Hurst
http://home.primus.com.au/hurste/bmsl