Re: V/Line Pass Worst Service in Australia

tony bailey wrote in message <37925053.0@pink.one.net.au>...

>You are now counting services  that serve all of the North Coast and  (not
>to mention a bit of the Northern Tablelands)
>
>To do this you now have to include ALL Countrylink northern services - and
>some Cityrail Interurban services as well - try again!

Ok - lets. I did not include Port Stephens Coaches, or Lindsays (based in
Coffs Harbour). And you CANNOT include CityRail intercity services - they
will always have seats available.

Not sure how many services Lindsays have per day - was four the last time I
looked. Port Stephens - similar.

As far as train occupancy goes, you also have to take into account that
there are approx. 400,000 pensioners (of all descriptions - age, diability,
carers, etc) in NSW, all of them issued with four free travle vouchers per
year, valid ONLY on Countrylink. These are people who travel on Countrylink
because it is the only option, not by choice. This is going to add something
to the load factors.

DaveP