Re: V/Line Pass Worst Service in Australia

tony bailey wrote in message <3791164c.0@pink.one.net.au>...

>Michael Chinn wrote in message <37907ae1@dnews.tpgi.com.au>...
>
>>> I agree.  One service a day to QLD?  That's pathetic.

>I thought it was 2 a day

Nope - only the one to Brisbane - there is one a day to Murwillumbah, with
coach connections to Brisbane though.

>>Agreed. Worse than traveling by bus, and thats saying alot
>
>Which, I assume, is why the train fills up at a higher price) before the
>buses?

They can always put more buses on - they can't (or won't) with trains.
Although the coach companies have only a limitted number of coaches, they
are not averse to sub-contracting some in. That is why they schedule 3 or 4
coaches a day (ttl 135 - 180 paxs) during the off season, but are known to
run 10 or 12 per day during school holidays (450 - 540 paxs,)

DaveP