Re: Steamfreight 99 - Hightlights and not-so-highlights

"Peter J. Sweetten" wrote:

> I agree with you Michael about the old guy with the kids. I also received
> the same comment when I politely requested them to remain as quiet as
> possible. I was the guy with the video camera who didn't mind co-operating
> with your request, even though I had set up at the trestle before you and
> your friends. And please -  a bit of tact goes a long way - my wife and son
> didn't appreciate being told to move by one of your group when all you had
> to do was ask nicely - they know the rules about not being in other people's
> photos. They were only enjoying the bush setting and were going to move to
> the other side of the trestle when the T and K appeared anyway.
>
> It is an event open to all, yes there are annoyances but remember - no-one
> has exclusive rights to everything. It is a fact of life the event has to be
> shared with gunzels and non-gunzels, so you have to make the best of the
> situation.
>
> Overall I enjoyed the event, despite the dis-appointment of late and
> cancelled trains. Well done VGR, can't wait for Steamfreight 2000!

I do apologies for that. I did not know at the time that it was your wife.
Please do pass on the apology to her.

I was standing there with Michael and Craig and could see that the red top was
showing in our pictures and on 200mm it really did show.

I walked down and just ask polity if they could move closer to the fence as the
red was visible in our shots. I had no problem with them. only that they did
walk down after we where in our spot and was still visible.

As I said, I asked, I did not tell them to move.

I must also say thank you for your co-operation, you where successfully hidden
behind one fence post by all three of us.