Re: Melbourne trains perhaps could use this idea

Paul Dwerryhouse <paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au> wrote in message
7mls5k$edc$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU">news:7mls5k$edc$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU...
> "Lineman" <grime@sympac.no spam com.au> writes:
>
> >A rail company in northern England has appointed a poet-in-residence to
> >inspire passengers and staff on its trains. Ian McMillan will write and
give
> >recitals - but has promised he will not be a nuisance to those hoping for
> >peaceful journey.
>
> Errm... how can you recite poetry on a train and _not_ be a nuisance?
>
> Either you're making noise or you're not...
>
> [I hope no-one tries this here. The announcements by drivers and the
>  recordings played on trams are annoying enough...]
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul.
Funny isn't it!!!!

Before Public Address announcements were made by the Drivers on trains,
everyone complained about not being informed of what was going on.

Now Drivers make these announcements everyone complains about being anoyed
by the interuptions of the Driver making his announcements.

Funny world we live in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob.