Re: Sydney Suburban in the dirt

The train was routed via Hornsby's down refuge I assume (Yeah, when I assume
I make an ass out of you and me) and went through the catch points as the
route was not set to rejoin the main line.

The catch points just did what they were designed to do.  Why did the train
go through them is the question!

On Sydney's track - I'd say its in better condition now than it has been for
decades.  Perway restrictions still exist (like those at St Marys) but most
of the track is pretty good with much of in concrete sleepered these days.

Chris