Re: Best times/locations NE Vic

On a recent visit to Junee, the hotel situation was , The Loftus is now
unlicensed , it is now a private hotel or bed and breakfast if you like ,
the Commercial one block back on the eastern side has the best value meals,
The Locomotive about 250 metres south of the station does have a few of the
old railway people in for a quiet ale or two, The Junee, opposite the
station on the western side, is probably the noisiest pub, with the volume
of the juke box being increased directly in relationship with the hour of
the day, THE Red Cow, down the street and around the corner, is a quiet pub
, with very good beer, back around the corner , The Boulevard hotel is
closed, down the street is the RSL Bowling club, good beer and meals, also
of note The Shirley hotel at Bethungra is de-licensed and up for auction
Yours Pete Kilburn