Re: Best times/locations NE Vic

Aha: My original should have read 'had no view from the bar or from the
bistro'.
I had dinner at Terminus Hotel just before 20.00 on a Sunday once, while
returning from a skiing weekend in NSW.  On subsequent journeys we returned
later, and ate in Tallangatta.

Carriers Arms has been rebuilt in 1990s style: painted cement render,
opened out interior with semicombined lounge/bar/bistro.
It serves lunch & dinner on most/all days, and stayed open to serve my
group after 14.00 during a 1998 Saturday steam tour.

--
Regards
Roderick Smith

MarkBau1 <markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk> wrote in article
<19990707025957.20563.00002228@ng-ff1.aol.com>...
> <<<<Murray View Hotel (Wodonga, formerly Railway Hotel) has no view of
the
> Murray or of the railway.
> Terminus Hotel had no view, but has been closed after being gutted by
> fire.>>>>>
> Actually I lived at the Railway Hotel in Wodonga for about 18 months and
if you
> know where to look from the top storey you can just see trains going past
Coal
> Sidings signal box. Tragic news re: the Terminus Hotel! I trust the
Carriers