Re: Trains Stuffed (8/7)

Maurie Daly <mauried@commslab.gov.au> wrote in message
mauried.351.37852C8E@commslab.gov.au">news:mauried.351.37852C8E@commslab.gov.au...

> Once both Hillside & Bayside are privatised how does one manage train
control > for the metro area?.

AFAIK at the moment the area controllors/signallers neatly fall within their
groups:
Hillside - CHL Loop Panel, CHL Area Panel, BLY Loop Panel,
Bayside - NTH Loop Panel, CFD Loop Panel, NME/SKN Panel.
(not the correct names for the Panels BTW)

> Will both companies have their own train controllers and where in the
whole
> show does Metrol fit in , ie which company gets to own it or is it kept by
> Victrak.

Metrol is to move from the current building in Batman Ave to a new facility
in Transport House within a few months (if its on time) :o).  This new
facility will 'replicate' the existing facility at Metrol, AFAIK without
significant improvement.  This is because the Metrol building is in the way
of Federation Square.

Adtranz has a contract, (with who I wonder) to totally replace the existing
technology with a new facility called the TMF (Train Management Facility).
The timescale for this is several years, I beleive.  So the 'new' Metrol
will only be temporary.

> What happens where one companies trains run over another companies tracks,
> eg in the underground.?

Only a handful of places have both operators on a quasiregular basis, Plat 5
FSS, few tracks around SSS, NME - Kensington.  The Underground Loop isn't
shared.

> I presume there is some sort of arrangement to handle all this .

And a Forrest of layers & consultents to manage the Access Agrrments :o)

N.