Re: Trains Stuffed (8/7)

It was a mess at Parliament. The staff were not informed of what was
going on. Passengers were unsure what to do and there were no
directions to alternative transport services. However, there was one
announcement suggesting passengers take the tram from the corner of
Bourke and Spring Streets to Clifton Hill and then change to a train.
Many people started walking to Flinders Street, thinking the trains
would be operating "direct" from there. It was interesting to note that
the comments on 3AW this morning came from Ray Wilson of Hillside
Trains. I was entering a Bayside station to catch a Hillside train! Who
will speak on behalf of the transport system after privatisation? You
could hardly expect the likes of 3AW to have separate statements from
each operator but, if Ray's comment this morning is any indication,
Bayside doesn't exist in the minds of Hillside personnel. Anyway, I
took the soft option and had a few "cleansers" at the Cricketers' Bar
at the Windsor Hotel and, by the time I was "refreshed", the trains had
returned to something like normal. However, there did seem to be a bit
of stop start operation this morning.

A parting thought: would would have happened if gunzels were operating
the Melbourne transport system?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/