Re: SRV Maryborough Tour Times

On Thu, 08 Jul 1999 19:22:47 +1000, steam4me@enternet.com.au (Yuri J
Sos/Melbourne) wrote:

>"S" circular for Sat 10 July 99 to Bendigo -  Castlemaine -
>Maryborough - Ballarat - Nth Geelong - Melbourne is now available as a
>4.6k HTML file at
>
>http://www.railpage.org.au/steam4me/schedule/s99_0710.htm
>
>or to my home page below / 99Steam / Scroll down to tour.
>
>A couple of interesting observations:
>
>S circular has 80km/h running for the whole trip funnel first.  The
>last time steam went CML - MBO, I'm sure it went at only 65 or less
>km/h.  Has the line been upgraded?

As far as I am aware - no. Track speed is/was 40 km/h CML-MBO. Perhaps
80 km/h is the speed limit for the loco but the train will be slower
where track speed is less than this.

Cheers

Krel

Steamfreight 99 at Victorian Goldfields Railway - July 17-18 1999.

VGR website http://www.castlemaine.net.au/~vgr/

Waxy Wary Zany Zebu