Re: Chubb Guards

Derick Wuen wrote in message <3781f453.0@iridium.webone.com.au>...

>According to the Telegraph,

You do not believe EVERYTHING you read in that rag, do you?

>fare paying, like taxes, is entirely voluntary
>these days. The ticket collectors are opening the gates and letting the
>evaders out! ...... and you want to finesse the off-peak times from
>Central......

Mainly because staff are so demoralised that they cannot be bothered doing
their jobs.

>System looks as if its beyond fine tuning, me ol' vat of blubber.

It would actually have its benefits - if you have all tickets going through
auto gates (where fitted) and if you also have the gates setup so that they
work the way they are supposed to - most gates full-fare only, one or two
gates concession fares only - and have RPI's on those gates checking
concession passes you would cut down on the number of people travelling on
concession tickets when not entitled to.

By having all of the gates in operation, you would then be able to implement
a system whereby those on off-peak tickets would not be able to travel
between, say, 1600 and 1830 - the gates would not let them in or out.

This would either create more revenue (through having to purchase normal
return tickets, OR paying extra to upgrade) OR it would create more seats on
evening peak services, due to the number of people on OP tickets not
travelling during these times.

DaveP