Re: What is Track Australia?

Track Australia is a joint venture between Plasser Australia and RSA to carry
out contract resurfacing.

The machines were built by Plasser Australia at their St. Mary's plant, with a
view to obtaining contract work. The Joint Venture was a latter development.

While RSA are involved, Plasser aim to ensure that the machines are operated as
a completly independent business, to work anywhere on the standard gauge
network.

The 09-3X is a start of the art Continous Action Tamping (CAT) machine, able to
tamp 3 sleepers at once. I saw the first operational model at the VDEI
exhibition in Hanover 3 years ago.

--
Bruce L. Greening
bgreeni@ibm.net