Re: UK Train Crash Manslaughter Case fails

notaparanoid@my-deja.com wrote:

> Funny thing about that,
> David.
>
> Recently running a train to ********* in mid-afternoon,
> I looked into the mirror and saw an auto signal disappearing

snip

> The phone rang at 0415, waking me and I was informed the
> car was waiting to pick me up.  I departed *******at 0500
> and arrived ******,****** at 1055. All this would have
> been fine, except that the train was 'driver only', I
> struggled to stay awake for the whole 5 hours, falling
> asleep every time I was stopped to cross another train.

snip snip

I have never been a train driver and would never try to tell you that I
know about your side of the job. That said, I don't know who you voted for
but if it these problems are a result of the actions of the Vic Govt, then
welcome to the privatised world. Fortunately I got out of the railways
before it got this far. The people of Victoria are being told how
wonderful Jeff is - by Jeff of course. I sense that they are now so brain
washed that the Libs are pretty right for some time.

The Libs have got the Unions over a barrel and management by the short and
curlies and thus disaster is waiting in the wings and will it be Jeff's
fault? Well you know the answer better than I. The disaster called private
operations in Victorian should have been foreseen when we employed Roger
Salmon to head up the privatisation committee (or whatever it is called)
thus keeping the stupid decisions at arms length from government. He will
be paid off with lots of money and he will flit off home to UK and leave
the mess behind.

David.