Re: Dead man on bus in Perth, Western Australia

Bill wrote in message <377E947B.401AC54D@xtra.co.nz>...
>By contrast, I was in Sydney recently, and a passenger on a train I was on
>fell ill. I was impressed at the speed and calmness of train crew and
>station staff. The train was stopped, first aid given, an announcement
made
>to all passengers, and an ambulance called swiftly. It was clear that staff
>had been well-trained for such an emergency.

Something similar happened in 1995 on QR Citytrain when we were returning
from Roma St to Kingston. I can't remember which station it was but the
train stopped for a while, an announcement was made for anyone with medical
training to come up to the front car and about 10-15 minutes later an
ambulance arrived. All the time announcements were made and obviously the
situation was dealt with quickly and efficiently.