Re: Some qld News

kevin green <kgreen@powerup.com.au> wrote in message
377c9fdf@news.powerup.com.au">news:377c9fdf@news.powerup.com.au...
> I have seen the EMUs running around Brisbane with Grandchester on their
> indicators, this must mean that they will be extending electrification
out
> there.

If only it was so.... I have heard (but never seen) that Pinkenba is on the
EMU'S rolls, and the chances of the wires getting there are slim to none.
The same thing with the automatic station announcments.  I was travelling to
Doomben last year, and the guard played a "This is a Kippa-Ring train,
stopping all stations..."  They've been talking about a rail line to
Redcliffe City (of which Kippa-Ring is a suburb) for decades.

JohnMcCandless

Cloncurry Nw Qld