Re: Railbridge at Rhodes-Meadowbank

I think it was always in the "master plan" to allow for future expansion at
many bridge and tunnel sites in the Sydney Metropolitan area. This is
evident at many places on the Hornsby via Strathfield line. Places where
this is evident are at the Meadowbank Bridge, and also the rock cuttings
along this line. The Old Northern Road bridge at Penrith has further room to
allow for quadruplication in the future. As for the old bridge, perhaps the
are planning to use it for pedestrian and bicycle traffic, like the old Como
bridge, esp. as there is an established push bike route from Rhodes to
Homebush Bay.
--

Daniel

(Remove nospam for a reply)