Re: Railbridge at Rhodes-Meadowbank

'Twas a dark and stormy night on Sun, 04 Jul 1999 20:23:34 +1000 as
jaysonr@zip.com.au took time out from the neverending quest to rid the world of
grues and wrote:

> When did the old railbridge between Rhodes and Meadowbank become disued?
> Also is the cuttings on either side through Meadowbank meant for further
> tracks? Is there any plan for the old railbridge as I have noticed that
> just north of Rhodes station they have concreted a strip heading towards
> the old bridge?

They stopped using the old bridge 20 plus years ago.  This was a bit premature
but the old bridge was no longer serviceable.

Original plans were for 4 lines but they had to speed things up and get it
running before the old one collapsed.

Catchya

   http://www.ozemail.com.au/~kingpin1