Re: No Express Service on CityRail compared to TransAdelaide

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 15:58:38 +1000, Eddie Oliver
<eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au> wrote:

>With more trains in the "old" days, there was more potential for better
>stopping patterns. For instance in the early 1960's, I recall that
>departing Redfern in the 10 minutes after 5.20, the pattern was
>something like
>
>5 21 Sydenham, Hurstville all to Sutherland
>5.24 Sydenham, Arncliffe all to Hurstville
>5.26 Sydenham, Penshurst all to Cronulla
>5.29 Sydenham, Hurstville all to Royal National Park

The problem in those times and right through to the early 80's was
that just about every train departing the city in the afternoon peak
had a different stopping pattern.  Apparently this led to confusion
and made it hard to memorise timetables.  This applied on the Western
and Liverpool lines as well.

Albert Alcoceba
  <><
alberta@zip.com.au