Re: Flat Wheels in Sydney

Dave Malcolm wrote:

> >The other suburban trains have flat wheels because hand or park breaks have been
> >left on, either by the driver, guard or vandal.
>
> Well thats not good enough. Whats wrong with checking during a brake or pre-
> trip examination?

It is hard to see the average flat. Unless the flat is "big" and you can see the scale you won't
pick it up until the train moves, then it is too late to do any thing. If you do it will involve
canceling the service and more whinging passengers.
If you want you could volunteer to stick your head in the bogies and try and find the flats if
you want. (If you don't value your head and body parts.)

> >Trains who have flats go to DELEC for a work out with the wheel
> lathe.>(Apparantly Flemo will be getting one, when,  I don't know.)
>
> Cast iron shoes work as well on minor flats.

But arn't any help on big ones. Also Tangaras have disc breaks so they are no good to knock the
scale off.

> Dave Malcolm

Rgds