Re: Railway map of Victoria online

In article <377ACC47.2D09650C@cdi.com.au>,
  John Cleverdon <johnc@cdi.com.au> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I now have a railway map of Victoria online as well (actually, Mark, I
have
> thought about it for some months, its only recently that I have got
around to
> putting it online).
> The map can be found at: http://www.cdi.com.au/~johnc/railmap.htm
>
> Unlike Mark's map, mine is a series of 8 GIF files, and the lines are
> colour-coded by opening date (and it's much quicker to load :-).
>
> More information can be found at the site.

Quite a neat map, although it is the first map of Victoria I have ever
seen without any geographic features at all - such as the coast or the
Murray River.  Seeing Port Fairy without any coastline nearby certainly
looked strange.  Colour coding the opening dates is a good idea.

The only thing I found missing (on a quick scan) is the horse-drawn 2'6"
line from Welshpool to Port Welshpool (labelled as Welshpool Jetty on
Mark's map, although my memory says "Port".)

Well done that man .... JD
--
John Dennis
Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway