Re: AUS - TRAMS

Ron BESDANSKY (formerly Ron BEST) <ronbest@bigpond.com> wrote in message
news:g0ge3.18177$PN5.46620@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> I'm thinking of producing a CD-ROM of Australian trams - history of each
> car/class, pictures, etc. (like "Destination City" but actually
"Destination
> Everywhere") Would anyone pay $40 for it? $60? $80? more? less?

I would envisage it would detail each car's history - conversions, depot
allocations etc. Motors, controllers, trucks etc. I would hope to use
original source material (State archives etc), unless the people who have
already done it have got sufficient material and are prepared to allow its
use at reasonable cost. Same with photos - I'd try to get people whose pics
have already been published to get them digitized. There'd have to be a
balance between the time needed to gather original material and the
royalties people might seek.

Even if it just contained what's in the "Destination" series, to buy all the
books these days you'd have to be looking at around $200 or more.

Rgds

Ron BESDANSKY (formerly Ron BEST)