Re: Pantographs (was Re: MBTA BREDA Light Rail Cars)

In article <36990268.360665743@news.bctel.ca>,
  kinkaid@eat.spam.and.die.bc.sympatico.ca wrote:

> You've grabbed mine too. I grew up in Toronto, where places where streetcar
> lines DIDN'T terminate in a loop were unusual. Is/was street loopings the
> norm Down Under, or how else would they do it?

Bill in Vancouver,

No, most tram (streetcar/trolley) lines terminated (current tense in
Melbourne) in a short single track section, or possibly on double track with
crossovers. Most often in the centre of the street.  In trolley pole days the
driver or conductor would need to raise and lower the poles, unless they were
in a 4-wheeler (we had Brill's here) when the pole needed to be walked around
to the other end.

JD

John Dennis
Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway