Re: Pantographs (was Re: MBTA BREDA Light Rail Cars)

John Dennis wrote:

> Now you have grabbed my attention.  Can anybody list the places in
> Australia where tram lines terminated in a loop?

In Brisbane, the Ascot-Doomben route. Also at a stretch you could count
South Brisbane Station, the double-tracked Albion Park racecourse loop
at Breakfast Creek and the Warner Street loop in the Valley.

In Sydney, Millers Point, Dulwich Hill, La Perouse, Maroubra Beach,
Coogee Beach, Erskine Street Wharf, Queens Square (the city terminus in
later years of the Watsons Bay line).

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand

Flight engineer: I don’t like this.
Captain: We’re 26 miles north, I’ll have to climb out of this.
GPWS: Whoop whoop! Pull up! Pull up!
Captain: Go round power, please.
Flight engineer: Five hundred feet.
GPWS: Whoop whoop! Pull up! Pull up!
Flight engineer: Four hundred.
GPWS: Whoop whoop------
End of tape.
-- The last moments of Air New Zealand flight TE 901 and its 257
passengers and crew, Mt Erebus, Antarctica, November 28 1979. Twenty
years ago this year.