Re: Pantographs (was Re: MBTA BREDA Light Rail Cars)

Bill Kinkaid wrote in message <36990268.360665743@news.bctel.ca>...

>You've grabbed mine too. I grew up in Toronto, where places where streetcar
>lines DIDN'T terminate in a loop were unusual. Is/was street loopings the
>norm Down Under, or how else would they do it?
>

>Bill in Vancouver
>(delete EAT-SPAM-AND-DIE
>from e-mail address to respond)

Balloon loops at terminii were not the norm. Trams (streetcars) were
double-ended and all that was required was to arrive at the dead-end, raise
the trolley pole at that end, walk to the other end and lower the trolley
pole, then drive away from the other end.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton