Re: The deterioration of NSW Rolling Stock

Andrew Duffin <duffin@dyson.brisnet.org.au> writes: > On a trip a few months ago to Sydney, I couln't help but notice the state
> of the rolling stock.
>
> CITYRAIL:
> What seems to be happening with many of the older trains is when say
> a seat is vandalized, it just gets patched up and the next day, the train
> is off again.  This is particularly noticeable on the V set interurban
> sets.  These sets are in need of replacement like the 'Red Rattlers'
> were replaced by the Tangara sets as some are getting on to 15 years old.
>
> Alot of carrages have graffiti on them, even if it is just a
> little tag by some nitwit.  To Cityrail's credit, the (somewhat annoying)
> Citydecker program has improved the overall state of the fleet.
>
> COUNTRYLINK
> Not forgetting the XPT, it has its own set of problems too.
> The sets are in bad need of an overhaul.  All they need to do is to make
> a replacement deisel hauled train, replace one of the sets and overhaul
> each set one by one.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Andrew Duffin

Perhaps I worded it wrong.

I think the Vsets are wonderful trains.  All I'm saying is they are not
bieng looked after properly.

About the XPT sets:
They have a spare set that sits at Meeks Road.  I presume it's swapped
regularly. You could replace this set with a Loco hauled train.

Hope this helps

Andrew Duffin