Re: The deterioration of NSW Rolling Stock

Andrew Duffin wrote in message <77a4iv$1go$1@grissom.powerup.com.au>...

(snip)

>About the XPT sets:
>They have a spare set that sits at Meeks Road.  I presume it's swapped
>regularly. You could replace this set with a Loco hauled train.
>
>Hope this helps
>
>Andrew Duffin

Where did ya get the idea there was a spare set? On paper there might be...
Because of programmed maintainence ie bogie/engine changes etc... and non
programmed there is very rarely a full set doing nothing..  there should be
3 spare locos.. on a good day 2 may be available...

No they don't swap cars around unless there is a real need to do so

As far as loco hauled pass trains go.... keep the locos on the freight
thanks..

Cheers
Jack
For a minute there I lost myself