Re: Countrylink named as World's Worst Passenger Service

In article <776l7a$e3q$5@news.mel.aone.net.au>,
  dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
> Graham Duffin (duffin@dyson.brisnet.org.au) wrote:
> > 3) The seats placed in the refurbished trailer cars are unsuitable for
> >    overnight travel.  You can't place your feet under the seat in front
> >    of you because they are so low to the floor.
>
> The best reclining seats I've ever managed to sleep in wer e the Victorian
> BZ/VFK cars. They do recline a lot more than any other seat I've known. I
> only wish the backs were a little higher.

The best seats I have ever tried were the ones on the German ICE. Even in
second class they were comfortable beyond any other I've seen (including
Eurostar first class), the foot rests were retractable, and the *whole* seat
(not just the back) reclined in a lovely sinking movement. Bliss! If only
more train interior designers could match the standards of the ICE...

> Cheers
> David

Rob

Sydney (Australia)