Re: Sydney Light Rail Fails New Years Eve Challenge

In article <369736ca.15958119@news.ozemail.com.au>,
  ajwright@spam.ozemail.com.au (Ashley Wright) wrote:

> Also any word on how many extra trams will be required to head futher
> west???

None, I would imagine :-( . With seven in the fleet, the short extension
should be able to be operated on a nine minute headway without any more LRVs,
three are usually left in the depot twiddling their wheels as is. If the CBD
extension had been approved by the Government, an additional fourteen
Variotrams (or more likely Incentros) would have been ordered to cope with
the much increased demand. Adtranz have a photo montage of an Incentro on the
SLR system:

http://www.adtranz.com/products/pics/incentro.jpg