Re: Sydney Light Rail Fails New Years Eve Challenge

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> writes:

> I was surprised to see two ticket machines and a ticket office at Central
> yesterday.  The Union blurb says that SLR are going to employ conductors soon.
> Melbourne take note!

They already do - see my original posting on the New Years Eve
debacle. The conductor had run out of tickets , and had no
hope of collecting everyone's fares on the overcrowded tram. Under more
"normal" loading conditions, SLR are now using conductors to stop
both intentional and unintentional fare evasion due to the
evident limitations of their ticketing machines.

Cheers,

Paul Hogan