Re: Austrac Operations

Phillip Guppy wrote in message <776rrc$pr6$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
>         One evening while standing on the platform of Sefton railway
>station I saw V/Line X45 and a diesel locomotive numbered 4814 painted in a
>strange colour scheme and marked Austrac Operations hauling a container
>train towards Villawood. My query is simply, who is Austrac Operations? I
>can not find any information about them in the books I have or on the
>internet.
>
>                                                            Phillip G.

Austrac are an accredited private freight operator based at Junee, with a
number of locos, including a couple of ex WA .  Unfortunately they do not
have an operating website.  You can read about their operations in
enthusiast and industry magazines, and they are often referred to in this
newsgroup.  If you'd like to read previous postings, go to the aus.rail
archives at http://www.railpage.org.au

Regards

David Bennetts