Re: The stupidity of passengers.

It cuts both ways. I grew up South of London and travelled a lot at all times of the day and
night on British Rail's Network South East. Sometimes there was trouble, sometimes not. I
went back a couple of years ago and travelled on the privatised service. I didn't actually
notice any major difference between then and now or between the overall NSE experience and
CityRail except that the UK ticket prices were nearly 8 times the cost of an equivalent
journey in Sydney.

Some services need to be privatised, it may even make sense for some NSW train services, but
I shudder to think of the consequences of a privatised CityRail.