Rail accidents (was: Re: Transfer of X35 &S317 from Newport workshops to seymour)

MarkBau1 <markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk> wrote in message
19990104034634.22028.00007588@ng114.aol.com">news:19990104034634.22028.00007588@ng114.aol.com...
><<<<<<X35 hit a truck and feel off a bridge near Glenorchy, Vic. I think
>this happened in the early eighties.>>>>>>

Cripes!   I bet it hit the ground with a bit of a thud ;)

>This is true but X35 was fully rebuilt after that mishap. BTW it was
sometime
>in the early 70's I believe The condition that X35 is in now is a result of
>collision at Tottenham? with an A class. This only happenned a few years
ago.

Does anyone have photos or know of any good URL's of any of this sort of
thing?  It's not impossible to find photos of rail accidents overseas, but
are there any web sites of this sort of thing in Australia?  (apart from
what were Eben's photos of the NR accident this year)  I hope it doesn't
sound morbid; it's just not anything I've really seen in real :)

Reuben