Re: Transfer of X35 &S317 from Newport workshops to seymour

<<<<<<X35 hit a truck and feel off a bridge near Glenorchy, Vic. I think
this happened in the early eighties.>>>>>>

This is true but X35 was fully rebuilt after that mishap. BTW it was sometime
in the early 70's I believe The condition that X35 is in now is a result of a
collision at Tottenham? with an A class. This only happenned a few years ago.

A bit of trivia, the fireman in the Glenorchy prang got some time off, he came
back to work and within a week was the fireman on the Overland that derailed
most of its train at Bungaree! He's retired now and the remainder of his career
was pretty boring in comparison!

The driver only ever drove pilots after the prang, I was at his retirement and
he was presented with a copy of the speed chart from that faeteful trip!

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/