Re: NSW 90 class question

Mark,
          the W stands for Export Model and the M stands for Modified (non
standard or non US safety) Cab. You may also be interested to know that these
units have builders numbers from EMD and also from Clyde yet were never built by
Clyde. It is also worth mentioning that in the US the letter M is used to
designate a MKA Rebuild.
Bob