Re: Dorrigo

Robert Harris wrote...

<<I just hope you guys relise how hards its going to be. I know from the
work I've done on the loop line.>>

We have a fair idea from what it took to open the line in 86. It will be
even harder next time.

<<Might I suggest trying to obtain steel sleepers from redundant State Rail
lines.>>

The disposal of redundant track and sleepers is now by open tender with the
quantities offered usually well beyond our immediate needs, budget and
transport ability. We are currently getting some sleepers from local saw
mills at good prices.

<<just remember to pack them right the first time.>>

At least we now have a tamper (TDX 33) and a ballast regulator (BSD 10).
Hopefully they will take some of the load off the fettlers.

All the best with the loop line,

Trevor