Re: V/Line Pass Locomotives

David

>The obvious question here is why do VLF need locos with HEP?
>How many wagons do they have that are wired?
>Seems a bit silly to me , after all the Ps were originally intended for
>hauling pass cars .
>
>MD

Nope wrong again! We got a lot of wagons wired! and we put reefer containers
on them and plug em in!
Start up the HEP and cooled produce  can run down to the big smoke in
perfect condition.
This service is offered on all V/Line "super Freighters" When a P is not
available, or the load requires a bigger engine, special V/Line Power
Containers can be placed on one of the flats and plugged in.
Rod :-o)