Re: Minor Magical Mystery Tours on CityRail.

Yuri J Sos wrote:

> I don't quite understand this original post.  AFAIK there is no break
> in the catenary between Spotswood and Yarraville (or Footscray or
> North Melbourne for that matter), nor are there any alternate or
> diverging roads.  If it was *years* ago, I suppose the signaller at
> Yarraville could have routed the train into the sidings at Yarraville

I don't know about Yarraville A that was abolished along time ago,  but at
Yarraville B there was a trailing cross over between the main lines on the down
side of the level crossing. Access to the yard was by a set back movement from the
down line the movements were all governed by dwarf signals and there was a second
interlocked gate over the track to the sidings which were located behind the down
platform. Last time I visited that area the Signalbox was all boarded up and booms
had replaced the interlocked gates and there was no evidence of the sidings.