Re: Minor Magical Mystery Tours on CityRail.

L & D <daisyw@ozemail.com.au> wrote, and I selectively quote:

>> A mate used to be signalman at Spotswood years ago. One evening sent on an
>> Up goods towards Melb but forgot to bell the next box that it was an
>> electric loco. Yep, the panto ran out of catenary.....
>
>Ok when did the Spotswood box have to bell on a train with a electric loco on
>any different to any other loco hauled trains as they were all ways belled on
>to either Newport A or Yarraville as goods or pass. It was always left to the
>train controller to advise what ever signalbox of the type of loco.

I don't quite understand this original post.  AFAIK there is no break
in the catenary between Spotswood and Yarraville (or Footscray or
North Melbourne for that matter), nor are there any alternate or
diverging roads.  If it was *years* ago, I suppose the signaller at
Yarraville could have routed the train into the sidings at Yarraville
(I've no idea of what the track layout used to be there).

Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos